18 January 2012

goodbye ah-ma

angmo 99yrs old, chinese 100yrs old, my dear ah-ma passed away last friday night at home, peacefully in her sleep. at first i was worried that the family couldn't take it but honestly, we were all prepared to face this day due to her old age. think in another way, god had relieved her from all pain from now on.

for the past few days rushing from sengkang to hougang to yishun and back to hougang and sengkang, it had been very tiring especially for a new driver like me. it seems like the acquisition of my new transport machine was meant for a purpose.

ah-ma's image in my memory suddenly zoomed back to the time where she was still staying with ah-yi. her neatly combed white hair with her hair pins, typical silky white-black floral top with black pants and always smiling at us... ah-ma was definitely part of my growing up memory.

now ah-ma has passed on, my mother could be living a brand new way of life now. hopefully the old man at my place can change his attitude and lived a life. i believe our family life could be after all one of the most blissful one, or at least i wish.

No comments: